Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Finished: Chapter 11

I snuck through the hall way. I tip toed past cells and rooms. I had to know where Sparks was. I went up to Markus' office. Then thought better of it. If he was in there, he might stop me. Then again, I could find out where he placed the cameras. I shook my head. He didn't care what I did to Sparks anyways. I ran downstairs, and looked through every hall way. He was no where in sight. Instead, I found him standing outside the weapons room, a horrified expression on his face. So they didn't take Ron's body, they just left it there.
"Sparks!" I shouted.
"Joel, take a look at this," he said.
I walked over to him, caution in my every step.
"What's wrong?" I asked, even though I knew what was bugging him.
Inside the weapons room, Ron's body laid slouched on a rack. His face looked worse than when I left him.
"Who could've done this?" He asked.
"I don't know, bring him out here so we can look," I suggested.
"Okay," Sparks said as he went in.
Ron looked beyond dead. His face looked horrified, like he was in the middle of screaming. Really he was gasping, but it didn't matter.
"Somebody used a heart preserver on him, and it worked this time," Sparks said.
"What?" I asked.
"Heart preservers never work," Sparks looked confused.
So Markus wasn't lying about Mikey... was he?
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Remember Mikey? Yeah, well it never worked on him. It looks like whoever did this to him made it work," Sparks expained.
"Mikey's alive?" I asked.
"I don't know what happened to him," Sparks replied.
How did the heart preserver work with me? I have nothing to do with it!
"You know how a heart preserver works? Well it pricks your finger when you use it, and it uses your blood to activate. Then if the blood works, the heart is extracted and kept inside a chamber," Sparks said.
"Oh," I replied.
I did recall feeling a slight pinch whilst using it, but I never paid much attention to it.
"Joel, we have to tell Markus," Sparks said.
"He knows," I said.
"What?" He asked.
I had to do it, I had to kill him now. But for some reason, something was stopping me.
"What?" He asked again.
I grabbed the heart preserver from my pocket and ran at him. In his eyes there was this knowing that I did it. I pressed a button, it pinched my finger, and I slapped it on Sparks' arm. He didn't try to stop me.
"I'm sorry," I said.
I grabbed the device, but Sparks slapped it out of my hand. I ran towards it, but he smashed me to the ground. I tried to reach the remote, but I was too far away. I kicked him between the legs and he began howling in pain. I then threw him off of me. I stood up and ran towards the remote again, this time he fired something at me. I ducked, and saw a bullet fly. He was trying to shoot me.
Shot after shot. It made it impossible to grab the remote. He was only delaying his death. I tried to find out where the shots were going, but one was close to my leg. It barely skimmed it, leaving a trail of my blood. I ran into the weapons room, and grabbed a laser gun. I fired at his arm, and he screamed. It wasn't a pretty sight. Electricity was flowing through his arm. He collapsed, the gun flew from his hand. I grabbed it and aimed it at him.
"You know that you can't do it," he hissed.
"You're right, which is why I won't," I said.
I threw the gun out the window, and the glass smashed everywhere. It hit into both of us, leaving us scratched and bleeding. He stood up and ran at me, but slipped on the glass and smashed into me. We both went tumbling into the wall, which caused some blood to spread everywhere.
"This is disgusting," I hissed.
I stood up, and looked to my side. I noticed the remote, but a speck of blood was on it. I looked over at Sparks. He was lying face down, eyes wide open. Somehow the remote worked without me even touching it. I nudged him, but he didn't respond. I grabbed the heart preserver. Sure enough, Sparks' heart was in there. I threw it into the nearest trash chute, and looked out the window. It wasn't a large drop. I swung one leg out, and the other, then I jumped. I kept my mouth shut as I found myself falling on the ground.
Once my feet hit the ground, I began running. I ran, I don't know where I was going, but I was running somewhere. I was running away from the cyborg experiment and Markus.

No comments:

Post a Comment