Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Finished: Chapter 10

My plan had been working out, but now it seemed that Markus was on to me. If he was, he had no intention of stopping me, which was weird. I closed my eyes, and leaned my head back, trying to get some sleep. They had transferred me to a medical ward to see if I was injured, but I was just fine. My new cyborg features really helped out. I wanted to throw their useless wires off of me, and I wanted to run, but Sparks was still here. If by any chance I escaped, Markus would send him to get me. If I could take down Sparks, he'd have to send someone not ready for the job. The job to take care of me of course. I felt something pulse in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out. It was the device I used to kill Ron. The problem was, it appeared that the heart was somehow in there. I noticed a button on the side, so I pressed it. It quickly opened and revealed a heart, fully in tact. Ron's heart. I placed the tool on the bed. This was no heart stopper, it preserved the hearts, leaving the person in a state of stasis.
The heart was red and pulsing, slowly but it was pulsing. I grabbed a glove from the side table, and removed the heart from the tool. I looked around and found a trash chute. I wouldn't let them bring him back. Never would I. I went through all that trouble to kill him, and to have him come back, would really suck. I placed the heart in a bag, and put it in the trash chute. I closed the tool up, and placed it back in my pocket. I would have to remember that detail next time I used it on someone.
I closed my eyes and drifted into a deep sleep.
I had a dream last night:
I was back home. It seemed to be a snowy day. It never snowed in Cleveland, oh well.
"Joel, could you get the cookies!" My mother called out.
My father was reading the news on his phone. My sister was watching some weird kid show. I grabbed the cookies and put them out on the table.
"I have to get going," my dad looked up at my mom.
"Come on dad, stay just five more minutes!" I begged.
He closed his eyes and sighed, "Alright, just five more minutes."
I grinned and swiped a cookie before my mother noticed. She was having guests over, but I seriously doubt they would eat all of the cookies. So I took the liberty of taking a few off their hands. Some of her friends could use the diet.
"Joel, stop eating cookies!" My sister, Julie shouted.
"Joel..." My mother warned.

I then woke up. That was strange. My father had never read the news before. It had to be just a fabrication of my mind. I swung my legs over the bed. I thought of my father. I could barely remember his face. I couldn't remember his face much, but I could remember he worked too much. He would be home when we were asleep, and he had always been so serious about his job.
I looked over at the clock. It was four in the morning. I knew now was the time to kill Sparks.
Part two of part one was about to be in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment